As Autism Awareness month comes to an end, I am reminded that Autism is something we should be educating people about every day of the year! The more we know, the more we understand. The more we understand, the more we can help! Here is my final Autism Awareness craft for the month.
-broken, unwrapped crayons
-puzzle piece ice cube tray (I found one at Ikea a few years back!)
-gallon Ziploc bag
1. Place all broken and un-wrapped crayons in a gallon, Ziploc bag.
2. Using a hammer, break up crayons into small pieces.
3. Place broken crayons into puzzle piece, ice cube tray
4. Place ice cube tray on a cookie sheet and put both in the oven and bake 15 minutes at 250 ° until crayons have melted.
5. Remove cookie tray from oven and let cool. Once the crayons have hardened, remove carefully from the ice cube tray.
For more information on Autism Awareness, please visit this incredible website!