My sweet nephew, Royce is obsessed (actually...what do you call the level beyond obsessed??? He's that!) with Mickey Mouse and the entire Clubhouse gang, so I knew I would need to theme his birthday gift accordingly. After purchasing Mickey-themed letters to spell his name and making him a Toodles pillow, I just needed a container in which to put these gifts. I found a cute, red bucket at the Dollar Tree and jazzed it up using felt and a low-temp, glue gun to make a personalized, Mickey Mouse gift container that can be used again and again! I'm also including a printable for you to use to make one of your very own. Here's how...
-yellow, black and white felt sheets
-low-temp glue gun-glue sticks
-adhesive felt letters
1. Print out template, cut out shapes and pin to coordinating felt sheets
2. Using a low-temp glue gun, glue buttons to the middle of the bucket, about an inch apart.
3. Glue feet to the bottom of the bucket so that they are sticking out about 3" beyond the bucket
4. Glue ears to top of bucket so that 3-4" of felt stick up above the bucket
5. Adhere letters to top rim of bucket. Using a black, permanent marker, draw four "button holes" in the middle of each button.
From start to finish, this project took me about 20 minutes. How awesome is that?!?! Enjoy!