|Little Miss Camdyn...How cute is this face???|
-needle and thread
Glue gun/glue sticks
1. Fold felt sheet in half and trace the owl shape on one side
2. Using pinking shears, cut through both sides of felt along the traced shape
3. Using fabric scissors, cut out two large, two medium, and two small circles to complete the eyes of the owl, two feet, beak, and two wings in the colors chosen
4. Glue the cut out shapes onto one owl-shaped piece of felt using a glue gun
5. Placing the felt with the right sides toward each other, pin along the sides of both of the cut pieces of felt
6. Sew along the edge of the owl shape leaving a gap of about three inches for stuffing around the area in which the owl’s feet would go.
7. Turn the sewn fabric inside out so that the right side of the owl is now facing out.
8. Stuff the owl with Poly-fil and hand sew the existing gap
Bonus Owl: I found some camouflage patterned felt lying around, so I decided to make another owl for my 1 1/2 year old cousin, Cole. With parents who are avid hunters, I thought I might as well start his camo obsession early (if it hasn't started already).